By Chef Nathan Lippy
1 pound shredded collard greens
8 strips thick cut bacon
1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
½ cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons red pepper flake
Salt & pepper
- Heat your griddle to medium heat and add the bacon. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until crisp and fully cooked. Remove from the griddle and drain on a few pieces of paper towel.
- Add the onion to the griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing often.
- Add the collard greens with a pinch of salt, a large pinch of pepper and toss to incorporate. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing often.
- Add ½ of the chicken stock and cover with a dome. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining chicken stock, red wine vinegar and red pepper flake. Toss to evenly combine ingredients. Cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes then serve hot.