Sausage Gravy Breakfast Totchos
Recipe by Desiree “BlackstoneBetty” Dukes
1 lb ground sausage, (any flavor works)
4 tbsp butter, unsalted
4 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp sage
1 package frozen tater tots
1 block of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook ground sausage, using your Blackstone scraper chop up the sausage into small pieces saving all the sausage grease.
- In a deep skillet on high heat add the butter to melt, whisk in the flour until golden brown and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and half and half continue to whisk until it begins to thicken.
- Add the sausage and the reserved grease from the sausage along with all the dry seasonings. Note if using a flavored sausage, or spicy sausage then dry seasonings are not needed.
- Cook frozen tots on griddle starting on low heat to thaw, adjust heat to medium and drizzle with a light coating of vegetable oil sliding your spatula under the tots to help them roll without breaking to cook on each side evenly until crispy.
- While tots are finishing up cooking, cook as many eggs as desired. Assemble a serving platter with tots, cheese, sausage gravy and eggs. Enjoy!