Sausage and Sage Thanksgiving Stuffing
- About 2 loaves high quality sandwich bread or soft Italian or French bread, cut into 3/4-inch dice, about 5 quarts
- 4 TBLS butter
- 1 pound sage sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Finely chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the sausage ahead of time and set it aside.
- Cut the bread into ¾” cubes. Add the butter, onions, garlic, and celery to the griddle.
- Cook until they start to get soft. Add all of the bread and mix everything together.
- Add the chicken stock about ½ cup at a time until it’s all absorbed. Continue to cook until the bread starts to brown.
- Add the sausage, sage, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish by sprinkling with the fresh parsley.