Shiitake Cranberry Green Beans
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 1 cup diced Pancetta
- 3 cup sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 pound Green Beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat your griddle to medium heat and cook the pancetta for 5-6 minutes, tossing often. Once the pancetta is fully cooked and crisp, remove from the griddle and reserve for later.
- Add the mushrooms to the left over pancetta fat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the green beans, butter and bit of salt and pepper. Toss to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, dried cranberries, and the pancetta. Toss to evenly combine. Add some water and steam for 3-5 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Serve in a platter family style.