- Jan 12, 2021
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 1 pound peeled and deveined Shrimp
- 4 Shallots, thin julienne
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh Oregano
- 2 cups Pinot Grigio
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ½ bunch fresh flatleaf Parsley
- 2 cups grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 1 inch sliced of Baguette or French Bread
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Using a large sauté pan over a burner on medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and the shallots. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add the garlic and oregano. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine, chicken stock, and half of the parsley (stems and all). Add a pinch of salt and pepper and turn the heat to high. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the liquid reduces by about 60% and begins to thicken up.
- Add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and butter. Stir consistently until the butter fully melts and emulsifies.
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the shrimp, a bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder. Toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the griddle and cook for 3-5 minutes or until lightly caramelized then add them to the sauté pan with the sauce. Chop the remaining half of the parsley and add to the pan with the lemon juice. Stir to incorporate.
- Add a bit of olive and salt and pepper to one side of the sliced bread and toast on the griddle top.
- To plate, add 1 piece of toasted bread to each plat and then top with some of the shrimp. Pour some of the sauce over the tops of each and garnish with a bit of lemon and shredded parmesan.