Smashed Potatoes on the Blackstone
Recipe by Desirée ‘BlackstoneBetty’ Dukes
- 1.5 lb bag of your favorite baby Potatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Blackstone Steakhouse Seasoning
- 1 tbsp flat leaf Parsley, chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil for potatoes
- Butter for griddle
Wash potatoes then pierce each potato 2 times with a fork and place potatoes in a microwave safe dish. Microwave potatoes on baked potato setting or until cooked through, you should be able to easily stick a toothpick in to check for doneness. *Potatoes may be boiled until tender.
Brush potatoes with a little oil and cover with plastic wrap to keep warm until ready to smash on the griddle.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, butter, cheese, seasoning and parsley.
Preheat the BLACKSTONE to medium heat. Swirl some butter around the griddle and place potatoes on.
Using a BLACKSTONE spatula and burger press, smash potatoes down.
Drizzle potatoes with the cheese and herb mixture. Allow to cook until bottom of potatoes crisp to a golden brown color.