- Jun 15, 2020
Recipe by Todd Toven
Your favorite Pancake mix. (My favorite is Member's Mark Buttermilk Pancake Mix available at Sam's Club)
Mini or small marshmallows
Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat griddle to medium or medium-low heat. Heat settings will vary depending on the size of your griddle and the number of burners on your griddle. TIP:A general rule of thumb is that pancakes cook best with a griddle surface that is over 375 ° Fahrenheit.
- Mix desired amount of pancake batter per manufacturers instructions. Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, cinnamon, brown sugar, and crumbled graham crackers to taste. Add enough ingredients to assure a s'mores surprise in each bite, but make sure batter maintains its somewhat runny consistency.
- Spray griddle top with your favorite nonstick cooking spray.
- Use ladle to drop batter on to hot griddle top.
- Use thin spatula to check bottom side of pancake. Flip pancake when bottom side is golden brown.
- Allow second side of pancake to cook until golden brown.
- Place cooking/cookie sheet on empty side of griddle
- Remove pancakes from griddle top and place on the elevated cooking/cookie sheet while you are making more pancakes.
- If pancakes are thick, I suggest allowing them to sit on the cooking/cookie sheet for a few minutes until the insides of the pancakes are completely cooked and not runny.
- Remove cooked pancakes
- Garnish with marshmallows, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, graham crackers, and a dusting of cinnamon.
- Enjoy your fabulous S'mores Pancakes!