Stewed Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 8-12 whole cloves of Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Julienned Sun-dried Tomatoes (jarred and packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Oregano
- 4 large Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup White Wine (Pinot Grigio is great)
- 3 Chicken cutlets
- 8, 1” slices of Baguette or French bread
- The juice of half of a Lemon
- ¼ bunch of Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat one burner of your griddle to high heat. Add 4-5 tablespoon olive oil and the garlic. Cook for 7-8 minutes stirring often.
- Once the garlic is golden, add the sundried tomatoes and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the oregano and diced tomatoes. Cook over high heat for an additional 8-10 minutes stirring or whisking often.
- Season the chicken cutlets with a drizzle of the sun-dried tomato oil and some salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the other side of your griddle to medium-high heat and cook the chicken cutlets for 3-4 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Once fully cooked, remove from the griddle and chop small.
- Add a bit of olive oil to the griddle and lightly toast the slices of bread on both sides.
- Add the lemon juice and chili powder to the tomatoes and stir to evenly incorporate into the stewed tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes then add the parsley and stir.
- To plate, add some of the chopped chicken to each piece of toasted bread. Using a large spoon, add some of the stewed tomatoes over the chicken and garnish with the shredded parmesan and serve immediately.