Strawberries and Cream Pancakes
Recipe by Danielle Zechmann
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 5 strawberries chopped into bits
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (for finishing)
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 pint of Strawberries cut into to chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs lemon Juice
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg yolk, milk, ricotta, butter, vanilla. Slowly, add dry ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Whisk egg white until stiff peaks form, and gently fold into pancake mix. Then gently fold in strawberry bits.
- Set to the side while you prepare your filling and syrup.
- In a stand up mixer, whisk together cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Turn to low speed and add in whipped cream. Place in refrigerator until your syrup is done.
- In a sauce pan add chopped strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and simmer until juices have slightly thickened. About 20-25 mins.
- Preheat Griddle to medium. Melt a tablespoon of butter on griddle. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mix onto griddle and let cook until bubbles start to form and edges are slightly browned. About 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook another 3 minutes.
- Once all of your pancakes are cooked, grab a plate and start layering your pancakes. Begin with a pancake, then spread some of the cream cheese filling, and top with some of the strawberry chunks. Repeat steps until you have a nice stack. Top with remaining strawberry syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.