Supreme Pizza Loaded Griddled Gnocchi
Recipe by Desirée BlackstoneBetty Dukes
- 2 12 oz Rana Skillet Gnocchi, refrigerated
- 1 lb ground pork
- 5 oz Hormel Pepperoni, cup and crisp
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced (optional)
- 1/2 c mozzarella pearls
- 2 oz sliced black olives, drained
- Fresh spinach, a couple handfuls
- 1/4 c pepperoncini, plus 1 tbsp juice from the jar (optional for some heat)
- 13 oz jar Roa's Pizza Sauce
- Blackstone Tutto Italiano Seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, fresh chopped
Notes: Rana skillet Gnocchi can be found in the refrigerated section.
- On medium low heat begin to cook sausage, crumbling into bite sized pieces (about the size of the gnocchi). If using bacon begin to cook as well.
- Once meat is 3/4 of the way cooked add a drizzle of oil and fresh chopped garlic, in the center of your meat, and allow to cook 30 seconds. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms tossing with the meat, oil and garlic to cook 2-3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add gnocchi, tossing to coat in a thin layer of oil so gnocchi can begin to slowly heat and turn a golden crispy brown on each side, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile on a empty griddle spot add a couple handfuls of pepperoni to crisp and cup up. Add half of this to your gnocchi mixture and reserve some to top your dish.
- Add desired amount of spinach and sliced black olives, and pepperoncini and the juice if using, toss to cook the last minute or so. The spinach will wilt immediately. Add the pasta sauce to mix through.
- Grate fresh Parmesan over your gnocchi. Toss then plate and garnish with more Parmesan, basil and the remaining pepperoni cups.