- Mar 30, 2018
Sweet Spicy Bang Bang Shrimp
Sweet and Spicy Bang Bang Shrimp
Serves 4 Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Difficulty: Intermediate
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup corn starch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons tuxedo sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha
- Vegetable oil, to taste
- Place shrimp and buttermilk in a freezer bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While shrimp is marinating, make the Bang Bang sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha. Adjust ingredients to your preference. Adding more mayo and sweet chili for sweeter, more sriracha for a spicier sauce. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Dump shrimp to drain in colander. Add corn starch and garlic powder to a new freezer bag and add shrimp, shake to coat evenly.
- Turn Blackstone griddle to medium-high to high heat, add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil and spread with spatulas. Add the shrimp, shaking off excess cornstarch. Cook until golden brown on one side, about 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook other side 3-5 min. Drizzle more oil on the griddle as needed to help fry the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp from the griddle and set on a paper towel lined dish to help soak any excess oil. Toss carefully in a mixing bowl with 1/2 -3/4 cup of the Bang Bang Sauce to coat evenly, adding more if needed. Top with Sesame seeds and green onions and extra sauce.
- Serve as is as an appetizer. They are also great for Bang Bang Tacos & Shrimp Rice Bowls!