Tamari Ponzu Salmon with Sweet Chili Broccoli and Potato Crisps
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 4, 6-8 oz skinless Salmon Filets
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes, cut into ¼ inch chips
- 12 oz Broccoli florets
- ½ tablespoon Ground Ginger
- ½ tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup Tamari
- 3 tablespoons Ponzu
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced Green Onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted Sesame Seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat your griddle to medium-high heat.
- Season the sliced potatoes with salt and pepper and a touch of garlic powder.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the griddle and then the sliced potatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip.
- Season the salmon on both sides with a light drizzle of olive oil, ground ginger, garlic powder and a bit of salt and pepper. Then add the hot griddle. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Add a bit of oil and the broccoli with a pinch of salt and pepper. If desired, add a splash of water and a dome to steam the broccoli for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the tamari, ponzu, honey and sesame oil. Mix evenly and pour ½ of the liquid over the fish for the last minute of cooking. Repeat if more glaze is desired.
- Add the sweet Thai chili sauce to the broccoli and toss to incorporate.
- To serve, lay out the potatoes in a fan pattern then add the broccoli. Place the salmon over the top and garnish with the sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
- For an additional sauce, mix a bit of the sweet Thai chili sauce into the remaining tamari mix and drizzle over the top of the fish.