- Mar 30, 2018
Wild Caught Jumbo Scallops with Shredded Sprouts & Prosciutto
Wild Caught Jumbo Scallops with Shredded Sprouts and Prosciutto
Serves 4 Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Intermediate
- 1 ½ pounds Scallops, U10’s work best
- 1 ½ pounds Brussel sprouts, washed and finely sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss Brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Cover and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry scallops. Drying the scallops will help them sear more evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat Blackstone griddle to medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, and prosciutto. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sprouts and cook for 5 minutes, moving continuously with spatulas.
- While cooking the sprouts, melt 2 tablespoons butter on a clear section of the griddle. Add scallops and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side. Once the scallops have developed a crust, flip them over with a spatula. Add the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook for another 3-4 minutes so that both sides are evenly seared.
- Divide Brussel sprouts onto 4 plates, serve scallops on top of the sprouts. Garnish with lemon zest and freshly grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano Cheese