- May 19, 2020
Air Fried Beef Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 corn hard taco shells
- 1 taco-seasoning packet or 2TBSP of Blackstone Taco and Fajita seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese blend (Monterey jack and cheddar)
- Diced tomato
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced olives
- Sour Cream
- Pre-heat the griddle to medium.
- Using a spatula, chop ground beef on the griddle top while cooking, breaking meat up into very small granular pieces.
- While the meat is cooking, fats will render and oil is often released from the beef. These oils add little or no benefit to the tacos and can be scraped into the grease catch and eventually discarded.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning as evenly as possible over cooked ground beef. Combine seasoning and beef with a spatula to incorporate. Add water to the seasoned beef. Using a squirt bottle with water makes directing the water to the meat much simpler.
- Stir the beef and spices with the water and allow it to reduce until the water has been evaporated and the meat is well coated. Remove from griddle and set aside.
- Preheat the AirFryer to the lowest setting.
- If you have a metal taco holder place the taco shells in the holder.
- Partially cook the hard corn taco shells inside the air fryer for two minutes and remove.
- Stuff each taco shell with about two tablespoons of the seasoned taco meat and top with an additional two tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Return the stuffed taco shells in the optional holder to the air fryer to melt for 3-4 minutes. Top with your preferred additional toppings and serve immediately.
PRO TIP: Lining the AirFryer drawer bottom with foil before preheating and cooking makes cleaning up marinade drippings much easier.