Recipe by Nathan Lippy
1 pound 80/20 ground beef
1 cup diced tomato
¼ cup minced red onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning
4 slices mozzarella
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sun dried tomato puree
4 small burger buns
Salt and pepper
- Using a mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and basil. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to evenly combine then let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat your griddle to medium-high heat. Form the ground beef into 4 ounce meat balls. Place the meatballs on the griddle and smash thin. Add some Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning over each patty and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and add a couple tablespoons of the tomato mix and then a slice of mozzarella.
- In a small bowl, evenly mix the mayonnaise and sun dried tomato puree.
- Lightly toast the buns then add some of the sun dried tomato mayonnaise. Once the cheese is melted, add the burger to the bottom bun and serve hot.