Betty Springs Chicken
recipe by Desirée ‘BlackstoneBetty’ Dukes
- 2 Chicken Breast
- ½ c Mayonnaise, Dukes preferred
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1-2 Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Blackstone Seasoning, Whiskey Burger
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- dried Parsley, garnish
- Trim chicken and lightly pound using the palm of your hand to thin out the thicker end of the chicken breast so that it is even all around. A thinner chicken breast will cut down the cook time and ensure even cooking.
- Mix mayo and 2 tbsp Blackstone Seasoning together (Whiskey Burger or Chicken and Herb are favorites for this dish) coating chicken breast with mayo mixture using a bowl or a food storage bag to massage chicken to coat evenly.
- Turn on your Blackstone griddle to low heat on one side and add bacon to cook. Remove onto paper towels until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, on the other side using medium heat add 2 tbsp butter to melt and toss mushrooms in butter. Season with 2 tsp Blackstone seasoning. Tossing mushrooms to cook evenly. Slide mushrooms into some of the bacon fat to add flavor. Remove when cooked through or set aside on low-off heat.
- Add chicken breast to medium heat and allow to cook 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip chicken, and spread 1 tbsp Dijon mustard over each chicken breast. Top with cooked mushrooms, bacon, and a handful of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- Dome to cook through and melt cheese, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken, plate, garnish with dried parsley. Serve with Blackstone Air fryer French fries and enjoy!
Notes: No oil or butter is needed when chicken is coated in mayo which creates juicy, moist chicken with a beautiful golden brown color.
Trimming chicken breast for presentation, save trimmings and coat with mayo and seasoning to cook chicken “nuggets” for picky kids or to throw in a salad the next day for lunch.