Betty's Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
Recipe by BlackstoneBetty
- 1 lb chicken, tenders, or breast
- 2 lb cocktail tomatoes (campari or tomato of choice)
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2-3 tbsp garlic paste
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese wedge
- 8 oz Burrata Cheese, 4-2oz balls
- Blackstone Tutto Italiano Seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt pepper
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, drizzle with enough olive oil to coat lightly and season with Tutto Italiano seasoning and 1 tbsp garlic paste. chicken may be marinated 20 min-overnight.
- Prepare tomatoes by cutting into quarters, add them to a bowl with a handful of basil cut into ribbons. season with salt, pepper and Tutto Italiano and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. toss together and set on kitchen counter allowing tomatoes to release juices to add to pasta.
- Boil pasta, one to two minutes less of cook time on package, reserving 1-2 cups of pasta water.
- On medium high heat, oil surface of Blackstone add chicken to cook. toss chicken to sear on each side until cooked through.
- Turn burners off, add 1-2 tbsp of garlic paste over chicken and add cooked pasta. drizzle with extra light olive oil and toss. tossing pasta to allow to cook one to two extra minutes adding 1-2 ladles of starchy pasta water reserved.
- Plate pasta. grate fresh parmesan cheese and add another ladle or two of starchy water.
- Top pasta with tomatoes including the juices from the bowl.
- Optional step- drain burrata cheese container liquid and add a ladle or two of hot pasta water to the burrata container to warm the balls of burrata for 5 minutes.
- Garnish pasta with fresh basil leaves and burrata cheese. break open burrata balls to expose creamy centers, seasoning the cheese and entire dish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and dusting of Tutto Italiano and extra freshly grated parmesan.