Betty's Italian Meatballs
Recipe by Desiree 'BlackstoneBetty' Dukes
- 1 lb ground meat, meatball mixture of beef, pork & veal
- 1/2 c bread crumb, fresh cubed stale bread crust removed or panko
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 c fresh grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add bread crumb and add milk. let the bread absorb the milk.
- Add the ground meat mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients using your hands without over mixing.
- Roll meatballs into desired size.
- Preheat Blackstone to medium-medium low heat or 325 degrees. drizzle olive oil onto your griddle surface and add meatballs to oil.
- Cook meatballs until browned turning to cook each side. cook through about 8-10 minutes, time will vary depending on size of meatballs.
- Serve meatballs when cooked through or meatballs can be browned on each side and removed to finish cooking through in your favorite pasta sauce, see video.