Breakfast Sausage & Egg Baskets
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 6 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Chipotle
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
- 4 Breakfast Sausage Patties
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Cook the sausage patties over medium heat until fully cooked. Remove and reserve for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, 1 egg, cinnamon, chipotle, and milk. Whisk to evenly incorporate all ingredients. Add a bit more milk if your batter is too thick.
- Add the mix to a narrow nozzle squeeze bottle. Squeeze the batter onto the griddle making a criss-crossed pattern. Cook for 2-3 minutes and gently flip. Repeat.
- Crack 1 egg into the center of the pancake basket, break the yolk, and spread the egg out to the edges. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 sausage patty and a bit of cheese. Using 2 spatulas, fold the side of the basket over into the center creating a square. Cook for 1 more minute and flip.
- For presentation, cut away any over-hanging pancake batter from the sides to even out the shape. Serve hot with a bit of maple syrup and powdered sugar.