Butter Bathed Filet and Lobster Surf & Turf
Recipe by Chef Nathan Lippy
- 4, 6-8 oz. Filet Mignon
- 4 Lobster Tails
- 2 stick of Unsalted Butter
- A few sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- A few sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, rough chop
- 1 Lemon
- A handful of Asparagus
- 2 pints Mushrooms
- Blackstone Steakhouse Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the Blackstone Air Fryer to medium-high heat.
- To prep the lobster, using shears, cut the top of the shell through the middle all the way to the tail leaving the last rib connected. Squeeze the shell so that the bottom section cracks and releases. While keeping the meat connected at the end of the tail, pull the lobster meat out and over the top of the cut shell. Using a sharp knife, make shallow cuts to create a “cross hatch” pattern on the surface of the lobster meat.
- Heat one side of your griddle to medium and add a small sauce pot. Add the butter, herbs and garlic and melt.
- Heat the other side of your griddle to high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season your steaks with Blackstone Steakhouse seasoning generously on all sides and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add a bit of the melted butter over the tops of each lobster tail and season with Blackstone Steakhouse Seasoning. Place into the Air Fryer and cook for 6-7 minutes
- Once the steaks are seared on both sides, submerge them in the herb butter. Be sure to coat on all sides then return to the griddle for another minute per side. Remove from the griddle and let rest them for a few minutes.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms to the griddle with a few shakes of Blackstone Steakhouse seasoning over the top. Add a bit of the herb butter and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- To plate, add the steak to one side and a lobster tail to the other. Add the vegetables in the middle and drizzle a bit more butter over both the steak and the lobster.