Cajun Catfish with Brown Sugar Butter Sauce
recipe by Bruce Mitchell
- 8 Small Red Potatoes
- Half and Half
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Zatarain’s Shrimp & Crab Boil
- Blackstone Cajun Seasoning
- 4 Catfish fillets
- 1 can of Sweet Corn
- 1 can of Green Beans
- ¾ c of Brown Sugar
- Crystal Hot Sauce
- Cut 8 small red potatoes into large chunks and place them in large pot.
- Add 2 tsp of salt, 1 cup of Half and Half, ¾ cup of water, and ½ tsp of Zatarain’s Shrimp and Crab Boil. Place lid on and boil.
- To make butter, fill a 32oz mason jar ¾ of the way full of Half and Half and add ½ tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt. Seal tightly and start shaking. It will take about 5 minutes till it starts to thicken. Once it starts to thicken it will “Clunk” when you shake it. Unscrew the lid and pour out the buttermilk (this can be used later to make buttermilk pancakes). Seal it up and shake it for a few more minutes. (This can also be done in a blender)
- Once it’s done put it in the fridge to rest.
- By now the potatoes should be done. Drain the potatoes, add salt and Blackstone Cajun Seasoning to taste and mash. Add ¾ cup of the butter you just made and continue mixing. Set aside to cool.
- Set your griddle to medium heat. Add 1 can of green beans and 1 can of sweet corn – don’t mix. Add 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh butter to each.
- Add the rest of your butter to a large sauce pan and add ¾ cup of Brown Sugar. Add Crystal Hot Sauce to taste (optional). Place pan directly on griddle to heat the sauce and mix thoroughly. Remove when the butter is completely melted and mixed in.
- Get your fish fillets out and add Cajun seasoning to one side and place that side on the griddle and add seasoning to the other side. Cook for about 3-5 minutes and flip.
- Plate your food and enjoy!
*These measurements were taken from the video and may not be completely accurate