- Aug 07, 2019
Caribbean Jerk Vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon of Five-Spice Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 Yellow Zucchini Squash, thickly sliced
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
In a small bowl, mix together all spices for jerk seasoning.
Wash, cut, and prepare vegetables as directed.
Place vegetables in a single layer on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle jerk seasoning over the vegetables, then gently toss so that the vegetables are equally coated.
Let vegetables sit for 10 minutes.
Heat your griddle to medium-high heat and coat with a thin layer of olive oil.
Add vegetables to griddle and cook for 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally.