CJ’s Copy Cat Bourbon Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Yellow onion
- Green onion
- 2 bags of White or jasmine rice (Ben’s microwave pre cooked)
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Course black pepper
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp White Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbsp cold water
- Preheat one zone of your Blackstone to medium high. While your griddle heats up you can season your boneless skinless chicken thighs coated lightly with olive oil as well as kosher salt and course black pepper. When the griddle is warmed up place your chicken on the griddle to cook. Flip when you see that the cooked side is golden crispy. You can flip multiple times making sure to cook thoroughly.
- Let’s move on to our Bourbon Sauce. In a large mixing bowl add 1/3 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tsp of ground ginger, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbsp cold water, 1/3 cup Bourbon, 1/4 tsp course black pepper. Stir to incorporate all the ingredients and set aside.
- Next you can cut up 1 green bell pepper, removing the pith and seeds, into a large chop (roughly 1/2 inch squares.) And one yellow onion cut into the same size.
- Your chicken should be done at this point. Remove from the griddle and cut the check to roughly the same size as your veggies and place back on the griddle.
- Once your chicken is back on the griddle you can add your veggies to the chicken and turn your griddle down to low and add sauce in small batches. This will allow the sauce to reduce getting thicker and coating your chicken and veggies. Do this in 3-4 small batches. You’ll see that the sauce reduces and creates a thick glaze.
- When your done with the glazing you can add your precooked rice to one area of your cooking zone, season lightly with salt and pepper, and add a little water to steam. You can dome if you like, but toss your rice lightly to allow the water to steam and heat up your rice.
- To plate chop up one or two green onions, removing the stem tips and base of the onion. Add a bed of your steamed rice to a plate, a portion of your bourbon chicken and veggies on top of the rice, garnish with chopped green onion and a light dusting of sesame seeds and enjoy!