Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 package frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- ¼ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Allow the cauliflower to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne for dredging.
- Pat the cauliflower florets dry with a paper towel.
- Whisk together the egg and milk. Using a hand blender or hand mixer is preferable, as you want the egg and milk to be very smooth.
- Individually dredge the florets first in the dredge flour, making sure they are well coated but in a thin layer.
- Knock off any additional clumping, then dunk them into the egg-milk to coat, followed by the panko breadcrumbs.
- The florets should be well coated on all exposed nooks with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Keep the florets cool in the refrigerator while you preheat the air fryer to 375F.
- Working in batches, place the florets in a single layer to cook in the air fry basket on a piece of parchment paper. Cook for 15 minutes turning at least twice until the breading is golden brown and the cauliflower is piping hot. I enjoy dipping them in ranch dressing but they are delicious on their own.
This Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower dish is a fun way to increase your servings of veggies. It’s both crispy and spicy and cooking it in the air fryer is much less of a hassle than deep fat frying. This dish can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to a month so it can go directly from the freezer to your air fryer when the mood strikes you.