Hot Italian Sausage Rigatoni in Red Sauce
Recipe by Chef Nathan Lippy
- 4-6 Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausages
- ¾ cup diced Sweet Onion
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- 1, 24 oz jar of Rao’s Bolognese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh Oregano leaves, rough chop
- 1 tablespoon fresh Basil, rough chop
- 1 cup diced Tomato
- 1 box of Rigatoni Noodles, cooked to al dente (mostly cooked)
- 1 cup fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded Parmesan
- 1 large aluminum pan
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat your griddle to medium-high heat and add a bit of olive oil. Cook the sausages for 4-6 minutes turning often.
- Place the aluminum pan on the griddle over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil and the onions. Cook for 3 minutes then add the garlic. Cook for another 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add the Rao’s tomato sauce over the onions and garlic and bring to a simmer. Then add the sausage, oregano, and basil with a bit of salt and pepper. Let the sausage cook for 5 minutes, turning often.
- Once the sausage is cooked, remove it from the sauce, slice into bite sized pieces and add it back to the sauce pan. Then, add the spinach and the noodles and stir to evenly combine.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and cover with a dome for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with the shredded parmesan and fresh basil.