Italian Family Style Fish
Recipe by Desirée’ Blackstone Betty’ Dukes
- 2 6-8oz fillets of white fish (Mahi Mahi, grouper, halibut)
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, white or yellow
- 1 green bell pepper
- flat leaf parsley
- fresh basil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c Blackstone loaded Italian sear and serve (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crusty Italian Bread
- Slice tomatoes in half or into quarters. Dice onions and peppers using as much or as little of each of the onions and peppers. Smash and roughly chop garlic.
- Preheat a pan, cast iron skillet or throw away aluminum pan, big enough to hold the fish, on medium heat (around 350-375). Drizzle in oil and add the onions and peppers to cook for 3 minutes then add the garlic and tomatoes and torn parsley and basil. Season with salt and pepper tossing to coat in the oil. Cover with a lid or dome and let cook, checking and stirring every few minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat the fish dry with paper towels, rub a small drizzle of olive oil on and season lightly with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Sear the presentation side for 1-2 minutes, flip and sear 1-2 minutes and place fish in the center of the tomatoes, cover and let the fish cook through and tomatoes cook down.
- Garnish with basil and serve with Italian bread for scooping.