- Sep 27, 2022
Italian Stallion Skewers
Italian Stallion Skewers Recipe
Recipe by Todd Toven
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound fully cooked Italian smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 pound hard salami, sliced into similarly-sized pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4 inch square chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh mozzarella balls marinated in herbs and oils
- Blackstone Tutto Italiano seasoning or comparable Italian seasoning
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Balsamic Vinaigrette, to serve
- Fresh basil, chopped, to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, for the griddle
- Bamboo skewers
- Turn Blackstone Griddle to medium heat.
- Arrange pieces of sausage, salami, peppers and tomatoes on skewers as desired.
- Seasoning options - Drizzle olive oil (or herbs and oils from mozzarella container) on skewers. Season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Drizzle olive oil on griddle and place skewers on the griddle.
- Turn skewers every few minutes to cook evenly and keep them from burning. Can add more olive oil (or herbs and oils from mozzarella container) to skewers as they cook.
- Carefully remove skewers from griddle when each side is cooked as desired.
- Add mozzarella balls, if desired, and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and fresh basil.