- Jul 28, 2022
Penne Vodka Betty
Penne Vodka Betty
Recipe by Desirée "BlackstoneBetty" Dukes
Serves 4 Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Intermediate
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled with tails left on
- 1 (1-pound) package penne
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Rao's Vodka Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil, for the griddle and serving
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel shrimp leaving tails on, butterfly shrimp with a sharp knife, and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water, add a few tablespoons of salt, and boil pasta al dente per package. Be sure to reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water before draining the pasta.
- While your pasta is cooking, preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium. Add a drizzle of olive oil and then add your asparagus and mushrooms. Toss to cook for 2 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper, and some fresh garlic or garlic paste to taste.
- Drizzle more olive oil then add the salmon and shrimp. Sear for 1 minute on each side.
- Place a throwaway tin tray or a large pan on one side of your griddle. Add another drizzle of olive oil, some garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds then add your vodka sauce and mix.
- Combine veggies, shrimp, salmon, and 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Turn off the heat and toss allowing to cook from the residual heat for 1 minute.
- Using spatulas, add the veggie/seafood mixture to your vodka sauce. Add your cooked pasta and a cup of starchy pasta water. You can add the pasta water to the vodka sauce jar and shake it to use up all the sauce. Gently mix to marry your pasta to your sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!