- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 8 pickle slices
- 1 can Jumbo biscuits
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Trim any extra fat from chicken thighs and discard. If necessary, lightly pound chicken thighs to lower any high spots and make the cutlet an even thickness.
- Marinade chicken thighs in pickle juice 12-48 hours. Discard the pickle juice when marinade is complete.
- Preheat air fryer to medium high for 10 minutes.
- Cook canned or frozen jumbo biscuits in the air fryer based on manufacturers directions. NOTE: Because the air fryer will cook quicker than a normal oven, be sure to check the biscuits at half the time the manufacturer recommends. Typically, the air fryer will cook 25% quicker than a normal oven, so plan accordingly and monitor the biscuits frequently.
- When done, set biscuits aside and allow them to cool.
- Whisk egg and oil until well combined.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Dredge chicken one piece at a time in egg mixture and then panko breadcrumbs to coat completely.
- Place breaded chicken in the air fryer and cook for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is above 165F and the exterior is browned.
- Place chicken thigh cutlet on a fresh biscuit. Top with mayonnaise (if desired) and pickles .
PRO TIP: Lining the AirFryer drawer bottom with foil before preheating and cooking makes cleaning up marinade drippings much easier.