Pineapple and Prosciutto Shrimp Poppers
- 1 pound extra jumbo shrimp (16/20) peeled and deveined
- 1 can pineapple wedges
- 4 oz prosciutto
- Make sure the shrimp are clean of any shell, veins, or other debris and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Holding the shrimp by the tail, use a paring knife to slice ¼ inch thick relief cuts spaced about the paring knife’s width apart, along the inside curve of the shrimp. This will allow the shrimp to lie flat and make it much easier for wrapping.
- Cut the pineapple chunks into strips by quartering them lengthwise.
- Cut the prosciutto into strips about 2 inches wide and 4 inches long.
- Place the shrimp onto a strip of prosciutto and add 1-2 slices of pineapple strips.
- Roll the prosciutto tightly around the shrimp and pineapple and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F.
- Working in batches, cook the poppers in the air fryer for 8 to 10 minutes, turning at least once until the prosciutto becomes crispy and the shrimp is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately.
Perfect for pop-ins, these Pineapple and Prosciutto Shrimp Poppers are a dish you can whip up in no time with ingredients you may already have in your pantry. The sweet pineapple wedges marry well with the crispy and salty prosciutto. An extra pop of protein from the shrimp makes this a wonderful appetizer or a perfect lunch.