Great Griddle Off 2021 Honorable Mention
Recipe by Dante DeGraaf
If you have dogs and they are anything like mine, they love nothing more than when I fire up the Blackstone and start cooking Hibachi. When food starts flying they instantly scarf it up. Unfortunately, some spices and seasonings can be harmful to dogs, so I started cooking meals that are safe and just for them.
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice
- 3 cups Spinach, chopped
- 2 cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables (corn, carrots, cut green beans & peas)
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- Olive Oil
- In a saucepan, cook rice per instructions.
- With your Blackstone on low-mid heat cook Ground Chicken for about 5-6 minute
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and cook for another 4 -6 minutes.
- Next, add chopped spinach cook till it begins to wilt.
- Combine, rice, chicken, and mixed vegetables and Spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in beef broth and thoroughly mix for 3-5 minutes
- Let it cool to serve or refrigerate.
Note: This is Hibachi so keep things moving. Chicken should be cooked until golden brown at 165°F (74°C). Set aside a portion for yourself and add some salt… it's not bad.