Potato Chip Crusted Halibut
- 4 4-oz Halibut filets, skin removed
- 1 cup potato chips
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare the dredge by whisking together the cornstarch with the eggs.
- Add white wine a tablespoon at a time to the dredge until it's about the consistency of pancake batter.
- Add lemon pepper to the dredge and stir to combine.
- Using a food processor, break down the potato chips until they are the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Combine the potato chip crumbs and panko in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Season each of the halibut filets with salt and lemon pepper.
- Dredge the halibut into the egg mixture and then into the pecan breadcrumbs making sure the fish is well crusted.
- Repeat with remaining fish.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F
- Cook the potato chip-crusted halibut in the air fryer for about 8 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of 140F, flipping once. Serve with a lemon wedge.
If you’re lucky enough to have fresh halibut on hand, this dish is a wonderful change of pace. The salty crunch from the potato chip crust balances beautifully with the delicate taste of halibut. This recipe can also be used as the base for a delicious halibut fish taco. A spritz of fresh lemon juice or even malt vinegar just before serving adds a wonderful brightness to the dish.