Salmon Street Taco
recipe by Desirée ‘BlackstoneBetty’ Dukes
- 4-6 oz Salmon filets, diced large cubes
- 1 tbsp Wok oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 12 Flour Tortillas, street taco size
- 2 Avocados
- 2 c Green Cabbage, sliced thin
- ½ cup Green Onions, sliced
- 1-2 c Cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 juice of Lime plus Zest
- 2 tsp Wok oil
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- BLACKSTONE Tequila Lime seasoning to taste
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 1 c Mayo, Dukes or Kewpie preferred
- ½- ¾ c Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Ponzu sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves, grated
- Cube salmon and toss in sesame oil, wok oil and sesame seeds. Let marinate while you make the slaw and sauce.
- Mix cabbage, cilantro and green onions in a large bowl. Toss with wok oil, sesame oil, lime juice and zest of the lime. Season with BLACKSTONE tequila lime seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for spicy Mayo adding more or less sriracha depending on spice level. Set aside.
- Preheat BLACKSTONE griddle to medium high heat, add salmon to sear 1 minute per side.
- While salmon cooks, warm the tortillas for 1-2 minutes per side on medium heat. Place heated tortillas in the BLACKSTONE taco rack, add slaw then salmon, a slice of avocado and drizzle with spicy mayo.
Note: If you can’t find wok or stir fry oil simply gently heat oil of choice (extra light tasting olive oil preferred) with smash garlic cloves, spring onions or white onions and ginger. Cool and strain to remove garlic, ginger and onions. Oil should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.