- 2 Sweet Potatoes, petite diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, petite diced
- 1 Purple Onion, petite diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced (leave in seeds for extra heat)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Avocado Oil
- 1 Small Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Lime to juice
- 1 Can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 12 Tortillas
- Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
- Guacamole, Salsa & Chips (optional side)
Turn on Blackstone to medium heat. Drizzle with avocado oil.
Add the chopped sweet potato, red bell pepper, purple onion and jalapeno. Sprinkle with cumin & chili powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Pour some water over the mix and cover with a large basting dome. These will take about 10 minutes to cook. Check every couple minutes and give them a toss to prevent burning.
Meanwhile, chop the cilantro and add to a bowl. Squeeze the lime in, then add the black beans (drained and rinsed). Stir together.
Add sweet potato mixture to the bean bowl and toss.
Heat tortillas on a clean portion of the griddle on low until soft.
To assemble burritos, fill tortillas with the mixture, add a layer of cheese, and wrap it. Note: If you want to put some in the freezer, wrap them in aluminum foil.
Before serving, put burritos on the griddle to make them crispy. Cook with a little oil if you want a more fried crispy taste. Cook for about 1 minute on each side until they are golden brown.