Tequila Party Cakes
Recipe by BlackstoneBetty
- 8 slices pound cake
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 8oz can pineapple, crushed or chunks
- 1.5 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cilantro, plus some for garnish
- Pink sea salt
- Zest of one lime
- ¼ cup tequila
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- ½ c powdered sugar
- Splash tequila
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Beat together the ingredients for the cream with electric beaters until thickened. About 5 minutes. Set in the refrigerator.
- On medium heat cook the pineapple and brown sugar mixing together to coat pineapple evenly for 3 minutes, adding half of the cilantro during the last minute. Remove and set aside.
- Melt half the butter on medium to medium low preheated Blackstone.
- Working quickly, dip the bottom end of each piece of pound cake, about ¼ inch, quickly into tequila and lay them in the melted butter.
- Fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown
- Add remaining butter and carefully flip the cake onto the other side to fry until golden brown.
- Plate fried cake slices, top with a sprinkle of pink sea salt, pineapple, drizzle with cream and garnish with cilantro and lime zest.