Whiskey-Honey Salmon with Cajun Stir Fried Rice
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
4, 6 ounce fillets of skinless salmon
3 cups cooked white rice
¼ cup diced yellow onion
¼ cup sliced okra
¼ cup diced bell pepper
Blackstone Crazy Cajun Seasoning
¼ cup whiskey
3 tablespoons honey
- Heat one side of your griddle to medium-high heat and the other to low heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the hot side. Add the onion, okra, and bell pepper. Add a few shakes of Blackstone Crazy Cajun Seasoning and toss to incorporate. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Season each salmon fillet with Blackstone Crazy Cajun Seasoning on all sides.
- Slide the veggies over to the cooler side of the griddle. Add a bit more olive oil to the hot side and then the salmon fillets. Cook for 3 minutes per side or cooked to the desired doneness.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the whiskey and honey and mix evenly.
- Add the rice over the veggies and toss to evenly mix.
- Once the salmon is 90% finished, add 75% of the whiskey honey mix over the tops of each fillet. Flip them over as the liquid begins to reduce. The sweet syrup should coat the fish on all sides. Add the remaining whiskey over the rice and toss to incorporate.
- To plate, add the rice to a plate and then the salmon over the top. Serve hot.