- Jun 19, 2018
Whole Wheat Breakfast Burrito
Whole Wheat Breakfast Burritos
Makes 10 small burritos Time: 35 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 12 egg whites
- ½ cup shredded cheese, cheddar, or Colby Jack
- 10 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Heat your griddle to high heat and cover surface evenly with olive oil. Combine diced peppers and onion together and cook on half your griddle. Add turkey sausage to the other half and chop into crumbles.
- After approximately 10 minutes (when sausage starts to turn brown), combine sausage and peppers/onions and set to one side of your griddle on low heat.
- Decrease heat on the open half of your griddle to medium. Combine egg whites and cheese and slowly pour onto the open half of your griddle. Stir eggs occasionally to cook evenly.
- When eggs near desired doneness, combine with sausage and pepper/onion mixture on your griddle and stir to combine.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until eggs reach desired doneness.
- Serve approximately 1/2 cup of egg/sausage/vegetable mixture rolled up in 10-inch whole wheat tortillas.