Recipe by Blake Sykora - 2021 Great Griddle Off Winner
- ¼ Cup of butter, melted
- ¼ Cup of flour
- ½ Tsp of garlic powder
- ½ Tsp of onion powder
- 1 Cup of milk
- ⅔ Cup beer of choice
- 1 Cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- ½ Cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ Cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Blackstone Cheesesteak Seasoning
- Shaved beef
- Hoagie roll
Beer Cheese Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and mix in flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the beer and milk a little at a time, whisking after each add ingredient. Continue cooking over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheeses, and mix until smooth.
- Preheat your Blackstone Griddle to medium.
- Cut your bratwurst down the middle and butterfly it open. Place open side down on a griddle. Allow this to cook for about 8 minutes. Add onions and peppers to the griddle with some oil. Add Blackstone Cheese Steak Seasoning to the onions and peppers. Flip bratwurst and check the beer cheese sauce.
- Once your onions and peppers look about 80% done, add your shaved beef to the griddle. Spread it out and add Blackstone Cheesesteak Seasoning. At this time, toast your hoagie roll and add your sauerkraut to the griddle to warm.
- Combine the beef, pepper, and onions and add a little beer to the mix. Combine the beef, peppers, and onions. Once all combined assemble the sandwich. Take the hoagie and place your bratwurst to the bottom. Add the sauerkraut after that and then scoop on the beef pepper onion mix.
- Ladle the beer cheese on top. Serve and enjoy.