- Mar 30, 2018
Serves 4 Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded plus more for serving
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for the griddle
- Sour cream, for serving
- Place zucchini in a large bowl or colander, toss with 2 teaspoons of salt and let sit for 3 minutes. The salt will draw the water out of the zucchini. Put all the shredded zucchini in a tea towel (or colander) and squeeze most of the liquid out.
- In a large bowl, mix, zucchini, eggs, flour, green onions, parmesan, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper.
- Turn the griddle onto medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of vegetable oil and spread with a spatula.
- Drop zucchini batter in ¼ cup increments onto the griddle. Flatten to about 1/4-inch thick. Cook for 3 minutes per side or until both sides are golden brown and fritter is fully cooked.
- Serve with sour cream, green onions, and parmesan cheese.