- Aug 07, 2019
Caribbean Jerk Chicken
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped into quarters
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Habanero Chili Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of Five-Spice Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Lb. of Chicken Pieces (breasts, thighs, or drumsticks)
To make the marinade, combine all ingredients except for the chicken in a food processor or blender. Blend until everything is mostly smooth (it will resemble a course and gritty paste).
Place chicken pieces in a gallon-sized resealable bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag tightly and then knead the bag to cover chicken completely.
Let chicken marinate for 6-8 hours in the fridge.
Remove chicken from fridge, preheat griddle to medium-high heat, and cover with a thin coat of olive oil.
Place chicken on griddle and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes (until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees), turning chicken every two minutes.